Adopting a Diet plan High in Whole, Anti-Inflammatory Foods COULD POSSIBLY BE Among the Key Reasons to promote Weight Loss!
You may have had the experience of following a balanced diet and doing some simple exercises, without losing weight.
This may have led to frustration. Also, you may have criticized yourself for not getting regular exercise, or drinking a few cans of soda. However, a study showed that inflammation may be one of the factors that prevent you from losing weight.
The Connection between Inflammation and Fat
Researchers at the University of Bonn found that excess weight could be lost through the process of transforming white fat cells into brown cells that consume energy.
Furthermore, the results showed that brown cells could have a high number of mitochondria that burn fat by transforming it into thermal energy. This means that if you have a higher brown cell-white cell ratio, you will burn more fat. You will also lose more weight. Namely, the researchers concluded that mice that had higher numbers of brown cells lost more weight and burned more fat compared to those that had higher numbers of white cells.
According to the researchers, this is mainly due to the role of cyclic guanosine monophosphate, on which brown cells rely. Additionally, the active ingredient in a medication used to regulate high blood pressure, sildenafil, could decrease the number of white cells. Fortunately, this could have a positive impact on the brown cells because it helps speed up the fat burning process and promote weight loss.
What about Belly Fat?
The acceleration effect appears to slow down when it comes to belly fat. In the same study, mice were fed a diet high in calories. Once the mice had gained weight, the researchers examined their fat tissue. The researchers concluded that in the deeper-lying abdominal fat cells, high levels of inflammation had occurred and spread due to the weight gain. Moreover, they didn’t notice the same effects in fat cells in other body parts, so that they concluded that abdominal fat is more harmful as it results in inflammation in a different way compared to other fat cells.
That’s not all, they also found similar results after examining human abdominal and subcutaneous fat cells.
How to Fight Inflammation Completely Naturally:
The researchers are now trying to understand what they should do to fight the inflammation, so that the cyclic guanosine monophosphate can do its job and promote weight loss. However, while you are waiting for the results of this research to come in, you may want to introduce anti-inflammatory foods in your daily diet. Following an anti-inflammatory diet will not only promote weight loss, but it can also lead to many other health benefits, such as preventing many types of cancer, Alzheimer’s disease, heart disease, and more.
Follow These Recommendations in Order to Adopt an Anti-Inflammatory Diet:
- Avoid consuming low-quality animal products
- Eat lots of fresh produce
- Avoid consuming processed foods
- Eat fresh, whole foods as often as you can
- Introduce variety in your meal
Include the Following Anti-Inflammatory Foods in Your Daily Regimen:
– Pineapple: The high amount of a digestive enzyme called bromelain found in pineapples helps keep blood platelets from sticking together, thus reducing your possibility of stroke and heart attack.
– Celery: Celery has potent anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties that help fight inflammation.
– Beets: The bright purple color of beets is attributed to their incredible source of antioxidants.
– Broccoli: Broccoli is abundant in carotenoids, vitamins, and flavonoids that work together to minimize oxidative stress on your body.
– Blueberries: This fruit is packed with quercetin, i.e., a powerful flavonoid that helps fight inflammation.
– Salmon: Salmon is an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids, which make it a good anti-inflammatory food.
– Leafy greens: Leafy greens are rich in flavonoids and antioxidants that help fight inflammation.
Many Whole Foods Are Considered to Be Super-Foods
In case you want to change your diet in a way that could help you lose weight, minimize your intake of inflammatory foods since this could be one of the keys to weight loss. This makes sense as many anti-inflammatory foods are also rich in nutrients. This means that you will not be eating too many empty calories. They are also whole foods, meaning they do not possess trans fats, corn syrup, or any other artificial ingredients that can result in poor cardiovascular health, weight gain, etc.
So, adopting a diet high in whole, anti-inflammatory foods could be one of the key factors in supporting the fat-burning process of brown cells and promoting weight loss.
via http://dailyhealthkeeper.com /foods-weight-loss/