Fake Honey is Almost Everywhere – Here’s How to choose the Right One
We can help with some tricks to keep you savvy when you’re at the store – with our help, you’ll never be swindled by fake honey again.
Check out these eight tricks to guarantee you’re only getting the best honey.
- Bread trick: Spread some of your honey on a slice of bread. If the bread becomes too hard, your honey is all natural. Fake honey will only dampen the surface of the bread, due to the large amount of water in it.
- Caramelize it: Heat up a few teaspoons of honey in your microwave. High heat works fine. Real honey will eventually caramelize, and fake honey will become all foamy and bubbly due to all of the added ingredients.
- Check that label: This is the very first step that will help you choose the right, additive-free honey. Producers have to label the content and the percentage by a certain amount.
- Crystallization: Real honey crystallizes after a while, and fake honey will keep its liquid, syrup-like composition.
- Does it stick? Take some honey and rub it between the tips of your fingers. Real honey will absorb in your skin easily. If the honey remains on your fingers and sticks, it means that it is loaded with sugar or artificial sweeteners which keeps the honey from being easily absorbed.
- Put it on paper: Put a few drops of honey on a sheet of paper. If it does not absorb in the paper after a while, you have got some natural honey. Fake honey contains a lot of water and it will be absorbed into the paper right away.
- Put it in water: This is probably the easiest way to tell if there are added ingredients inside of your honey. When soaked in water, real honey makes lumps and falls to the bottom, while fake honey melts.
- Tingly mouth? Pure honey gives you a tingling sensation on your tongue. Fake honey has almost no effect on the palate.
via http://livetheorganicdream .com/fake-honey-literally- everywhere-heres-know- difference
image source: https://pixabay.com